In today’s lesson we will work our way through the crucifixion by looking at the 7 sayings of Jesus during the crucifixion. How should Christians feel every time they spend time studying the crucifixion of Jesus?
- Father Forgive Them For They Know Not What They Do (Luke 23:34). Who was Jesus referring to when he spoke these words? Jesus said, “they know not what they do”, yet they needed forgiving. What does that teach us about disobedience done in ignorance?
- Assuredly I Say To You, Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise (Luke 23:43). What did the thief do to gain eternal life?
- Woman Behold Your Son…Behold Your Mother (John 19:26-27). Why did Jesus feel compelled to insure the care of His mother?
- My God My God Why Have You Forsaken Me? (Matthew 27:46). What change takes place in the crucifixion scene before Jesus makes this statement? (Matthew 27:45) How do you understand Jesus’ statement here?
- I Thirst (John 19:28). Why would John reveal that Jesus expressed His thirstiness?
- It is Finished (John 19:30). What was finished?
- Father Into Your Hands I Commit My Spirit (Luke 23:46). What does this saying teach us about death? What does it teach us about having great faith at the moment of death?
Thanks for visiting our site! We will review this material together in Virtual Bible Class Wednesday night at 7 pm. “Like” our Facebook page (link below) to receive notification when we go live.